Nature News Issue 8
Issue 8 of Nature News - JNCC's free A4 newsletter.
Nature News is a way of keeping you informed of JNCC's
national and international conservation work.
The following is a summary of the information that is included
in this issue.
- JNCC's Annual Report 2002-2003 scooped the top prize of 'Public
Service Annual Report/Review of the Year'.
- David Ingram, acting chair, gives his review on the current
work of JNCC.
- UK plant strategy launched at the Seventh Conference of Parties
to the Convention on Biological Diversity in Kuala Lumpur,
- Common Standards Monitoring guidance now online.
- Elliot Morley MP, Minister for the Environment launched
Estuarine Waterbirds at Low Tide publication.
- Safety first with the third edition of Bat Workers'
- Explaining why the checklists are a vital tool to CITES
authorities in their day to day work.
- British Lower Carboniferous Stratigraphy, volume 29, now
published. This book contains detailed descriptions of a group of
GCR sites that are protected as Earth science SSSIs for their
contribution to the study of rocks of Early Carboniferous age in
- An illustrated guide to British Upland Vegetation a publication
that brings together all of the upland communities described in the
National Vegetation Classification.
- Marine Nature Conservation and Sustainable Development: the
Irish Sea Pilot has now been completed.
- JNCC has now been given the go-ahead to lead an EU
Interreg-funded international marine habitat mapping
- JNCC attend latest Biodiversity Conference of the Parties.
- JNCC gets a new director, Marcus Yeo is the Director of
Resources and External Affairs.
- Download Nature News 8: Spring
2004 (PDF, 454 kb)
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this
Available free from JNCC
12 pages, A4 leaflet
Please cite as: JNCC, (2004-08), Nature News Issue 8, 12 pages, A4 leaflet, ISSN 1479-3857